If you find yourself stuck, and have made no progress then read on. What we about to share with you are some reasons why you're perhaps not getting the results you want.
- You are a procrastinator - You constantly sabotage yourself by putting things off, and leaving things till later. You keep humming and bragging about how you want to do this and to do that, but you don't actually act on them. You are all talk and no action.
- You don't feel enough pain - For many people, they won't do anything, or change anything, until they are no longer able to stand the pain. The reason you don't take action is because your situation is not painful enough. A word of advice, don't wait till it's too late. So hold yourself accountable by taking action. There will be no miracle to lend a helping hand... You need to be the miracle and make things happen.
- Unclear goal - When was the last time you set goals and decided not to follow through? Like New Year's resolutions that are never followed through with each year. The reason for this is that you underestimate the goals you set. This is due to having unclear goals when your internal and external thoughts do not align. For example, you say 'I want to lose 5kg this year", but internally you underestimate your commitment because losing weight will take lots of discipline by eating healthyly, and getting lots of exercise. So your head chatter talks you out of doing it because you are dreading of the hard work that'd required. Setting clear goals with real purpose will give you less chance to slack off, and make it easier to stick to you plan.
- Making Excuses - Some people are just full of excuses, and use excuses to make them look and feel better and justify why they did not achieve their desired results. They're stuck is the Trap Mode cycle, like "I am not ready yet" or "I just cant do it" at this stage. The list of excuses is as long as the Great Wall of China. Do you know what's happening when you are making excuses? The answer is nothing. You might feel a little bit better at the time, but the real truth is your excuses don't make any changes to your current situation, and keep you stuck where you are. Now is the time to make choices and not make excuses
- You've got the "I Know Syndrome" - You complain about how you are not getting results, but the minute people try to give you help or information you immediately tell them "I Know!" which stops them telling you their suggestions. Even if you do listen to them you spent more time justifying why their suggestions are not suitable to your needs. So cut the unnecessary chat, take action, and just do it. There is no better time than right now, so take charge by taking action!.
- Stuck in your comfort zone - You don't like to try new ideas or methods. You like to stay where you are and put up with the mundane tasks and routines. You play safe by hanging out with the same circle of friends. No wonder you never grow as a person. So get out of of your comfort zone, meet new people, and connect with people who are positive and focused . Connect with people who can inspire you to do your best in your life and your business.
- You’re not working smart - Have you heard the story "The Farmer and The Fisherman"? The farmer kept doing the same routine over and over, even when he didn't get results. If your business is not getting the results you want, it's time to change how you run your business. See how you can run your business in a different way. Find a smarter approach to get you when you need to be. Hire experts to help you along as you grow and build your business. Find inspiration from people who have achieved similar results and learn how they did it. Be a sponge and soak up knowledge and apply it to your business.
- Fear - Have you wondered what Fear stands for? False Expectations Appearing Real. Fear is a game that plays with your mind. Fear consists of a collection of thoughts in your head. They are your thoughts that project into the future. It is based upon what you have experienced in the past therefore what you think is going to happen in the future. So because of your fearful thoughts you avoid taking action and you'd rather delay the process for as long as possible. In reality, delaying doing things will hold you back. Acknowledging and facing your fear is the way to go.
- SOS (Shinny Object Syndrome) - We often get distracted with new ideas or something that seems more interesting that our current project simply because is fresh and exciting. This behaviour is common, it's easy to pick up new shinny ideas than keep working on your existing goals right? If you keeping following new shinny objects every they attract you, your attention will get diverted from you goals. So be very clear with your goals, understand what it takes to achieve your goals, and stick to it. Don’t let anything (or anyone) distract you. All these SOSs that come your way is like a test to see how committed and serious you are about achieving what you want, so don't get distracted!
- Are you Cocooning in your world? - Cocooning in your little world can be a mistake which you may not even realise you're making, and it could cost you far more than you can imagine. Things like trying to do everything for yourself, even some of the tasks you don't like doing, or those tasks that you are not good at. The worst thing is you're trying to solve problems when someone else already has the answers or knowledge for you. What you are doing is delaying yourself reaching you goals.
- You're a Perfectionist - A perfectionist tends to over complicate things. You are an over thinker, you often blew a simple situation out of proportion as your thinking were too complex. You are so detailed to the stage where you set such a high expectation of yourself and if things is not at that level it should be, you will not prepare to pursue it. No wonder you never get anything done. Don't wait for perfection as you could wait forever. The simple truth is things can be simple if you allow them to be.
- Throwing in the towel - Are you the type of person who gives up before you even start? Sometimes when you are starting a project it could take longer to plan than you think, and you might even hit obstacles while you try to execute the jobs. This is normal when you think about it. In life and in business we'll all experience ups and downs. The reason you are not getting desired results is because you give up too easily and quickly. In anything we do we need to give and invest time for things to work. This is the key reason we encourage our clients to working on their 90 day planner to focus and monitor progress of your goals.
- You lose track of your vision - When was the last time you revisited your vision? Do you feel that somehow you business now is drifting away from your vision? This is quite common as your business grows and often takes you in different directions. Therefore, it's important to tune into your vision and to make sure your goals and business are aligned with your vision. Don't lose sight of the big picture. Your vision is a path to success!
- Resisting change - Are you subborn? Perhaps you don't welcome great ideas and insist on doing things "your way or highway"? The bad news is you'll stay the way you are, with no growth and no progress either. To break through this problem you need firstly to reset your mindset. Open yourself to new ways of doing things and to improve your current situation you’ll need to introduce and learn new methods. Don't be a control freak, broaden your horizons, and let people help you.
At the end of the day, the list above are problems that you are self projecting. It is you who is the one who creates all these reasons. So you can also be the one to eliminate them too.
It's not how people see you, it's about how you see yourself. After all, they're your goals, your dreams, your life, and your business.
It's entirely up to you. You are your own decision maker.
So choose wisely.