While you are reading this post, there are millions of people right now using Google search to find things they want to buy, research information to solve problems, or just search things to read like music, movies, hot celebrities gossips, and news. In fact, we use Google search everyday. Google is one of the most indispensable search tool on the internet.
So when was the last time you did a Google search? My last search was just 5 minutes ago.
How do you normally do your search?
What do you normally type to get the information you want?
Would you just type in a sentence and screen through page after page until you find what you are looking for?
This post is to give you some tips on how to use "Google Search" more effectively. There are useful ways to improve your search. Some of the tips may be obvious to you however, some are not and you may even surprised the next time you apply these tips to your search. It may get you exactly what you are searching for,quicker and save lots of time too.
- Use quotations " _ " around the words for an exact search.
- Use a minus -- next to the word you don't want to include in your search. For example [-ArtSHINE Inspirational Quotes] will return pages that contain "lnspirational" and "Quotes" but that don't contain "ArtSHINE".
- Use dot, dot or Numrange ".." to search for a period of time E.g "Best Pop music album 1980..1900"
- Use the tilde ~ to search for related words. For example
- Use asterisk * as a wildcard to match a word. Like
- Use "OR" to find words that has one term or another.
- Use +,-,* and / to calculate Google search
- Use filetype: to search for a specific file type.
- Use site: and the site name to search only inside a website
- Use "Link" to find pages that link to a specific URL. You can use this not only for a main URL but even to a specific page. Not all links to an URL are listed.
Instead of finding for a term across all pages on the web, search within a specialised field. Google has different type of searches which let you do specific search within blogs, news, books, and much more:
- Google's advanced search if you cant remember these tips.ou can always use