Are you getting signs that your business is not heading in the direction that you want it to be heading?
Are you getting stressed and worried everyday about the CASHFLOW?
Today we'd like to share some important tips that may help you avoid or reduce those sort of "migraines" in your business.
We all know what a migraine does to us.... Migraine headaches are usually described as an intense, throbbing or pounding pain that involves one temple. The pain can also be located in the forehead, around the eyes, or at the back of the head. And for those of us who may have experienced a migraine, we're know how painful and uncomfortable they can be.
So, imagine what it would be like if you experience a "business migraine" day in, day out?
What would you do?
Would you prefer to identify the triggers of your business migraine before it got too severe? Or would you wait until the business migraine has well and truely established itself, and only act when you can no longer bear the pain?
As coaches, we get lots of last minute calls from business owners who are experiencing the severe pains of their own business migraine. They come to see us in hoping we can get rid of the pain for them as quickly as possible. They're looking for a magic pill...
Ask our clients and they'll tell you that we're very good at what we do. but here's the thing... And it's an unfortunate fact for those business owners who are stuck in the middle, or worse, who have been suffering in their own business migraine for quite some time.... There is no magic pill...
The trick to dealing with business migraines is to be aware of the triggers that set them off, and to be aware of the early warning signs and symptoms.
The key to avoid business migraines is to take early action.
Rather than wait till it's too late to stop the onset of a business migraine, it's smarter to prevent the triggers, or minimise the symptoms BEFORE the pain gets too much to cope with and the business migraine imobilises you.
If you're prone to migraines then you know it's those first little warning signs, those first little twinges of pain, that you need to act upon... It's the same with business migraines too.
If you feel the signs of a business migraine coming on you should quickly find a solution to that business issue, or get help at that early stage. Once your business migraine has reached a chronic stage, it's so much harder to treat. The other problem with business migraines is that as the person suffering the migraine, you're focus on the pain the migraine is causing you, and not always on the work at hand. When you're suffering from that business migraine it becomes all that much harder to continue to go about the day to day work that you need to do.
Please don't wait till your business migraine has reached a chronic stage before you decide to do something about it, and take some action... Because by then, it may be too late.
Now there is some good news!
It is possible for you to practice some preventative medicine and minimise your risk of suffering business migraines in the first place...
Here's some tips that may help you to avoid a business migraine:
- What triggers the symptoms?
- What steps do you need to take to always be able to diagnose those symptoms?
- Who can help you?
- Ask yourself if it's possible to avoid those symptoms in the first place?
- What would you need to do to create systems that remove or mitigate those symptoms?
- Who can help you set up those systems?
- Create, design, and produce
- Sales & Service - Execute your plans, and follow up with potential customers & clients
- Administration- Keep your paperwork up to date - Especially invoicing & collections
- Set purpose goals with milestones
- Map out your 90 day plan
- Plan your marketing strategies - And take action!
- Generate sales leads
- Set realistic income targets
- Monitor your Cash Flows & do Cash Flow projections
- Review your Business Vision, & Mission
- Review your business plan
- Review your Desire, Passion & Purpose
- Refresh - Take the time out of the business that you need. Holiday and spend more time with family & friends. Find that next creative inspiration.