Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Close Up with creative workshop- Faint Impressions



 Sasha Faint

Tell us a little about your handbag workshops and your role in the business?
I design and create awesome bag making workshops that are delivered in a relaxed environment with a fun social aspect. Using beautiful fabrics we make bags of all different shapes and sizes.
At the end of the workshop you walk away with a great sense of accomplishment and your own unique handbag.

 Handbag Workshop at  
No Chintz fabric store Willoughby

What are the five words that people who know you would use to describe your workshops?
Fun, Relaxed, Great learning environment

What was the purpose of starting handbag workshops and how did the concept come about?
So many people say to me that they’re not creative and can’t sew to save their life. That’s exactly what I used to say and now I can’t imagine my life without so much creativity. I wanted to help others discover their creative spark. It’s such a nice feeling to say to your friends “look what I made” and for them to reply with ooooooo and ahhhhhhh’s (insert image of firecrackers going off over your head as you declare this).
I believe anyone can learn how to sew; you just need time and patience. 


Who  do you cater for in your workshops?
Those who say they aren’t creative.
I cater for all levels from beginner to advance. Anyone can come along; I would love to see some more males at the workshops.

Tell us about your process for working with your clients?
Classes are kept small so that I can give everyone personalised one on one instruction related to their skill level. It’s a very relaxed environment as I’m a relaxed person and often I think it’s more like a bag making tea party than a workshop.

What do your clients learn when attending your workshop?
That one must have cake & tea when sewing Lots of useful skills, tips and techniques to become an awesome bag maker.

What advice can you offer to people who are looking for handbag workshop?

To look no further as they have found bag workshop nirvana with Faint Impressions
 

  See a workshop in action here

Do you have a book that you would like to recommend?
Anything by Amy Butler but especially her most recent book “Style Stitches”.
“The Bag Making Bible” by Lisa Lam. I learned a lot of what I know from her blog & tutorials.
The internet and YouTube are also fantastic resources for when you get stuck on how to do something. 



Where do we find your services?
You can find information on the next workshop on my blog here. I also post details on my facebook page here.

Do you have a special offer to the ArtSHINE community?
Sure…come to the next workshop on 12th August & you will receive a discount voucher to spend at No Chintz fabric store Willoughby.


No comments:

Pure Leverage

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails