Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Close Up with Cinematographer -Rob Lee Fournier



Tell us a little about yourself and what you do.
My name is Robert Lee Fournier - I am a cinematographer, editor and idea maker.

Who (or what) inspires you to do what you love in your own creative business?
Richard Sibbald, who is one of Canada’s most recognized top fashion photographers as well as David Wile, also a photographer - both who are good friends of mine. They produce unique and original results. Sasha Moric is also a close friend whose taken me under his wing and helped me a lot on the technical side of filming.

Where do you get your inspiration from when you  do your shoot?
Mostly from my dreams. 


The 6ths- Give Me Back My Dreams
by RLFproductions

What are the five words that people who know you would use to describe you?
Creative, Musical, Funny, Trouble Maker, Friendly.

Tell us about your very first job and what path have you taken since then?
First job was a camp councilor for 3 years. Then 4 years acting and improvising in theatrical performances. Stand up comedy for 1 year. Now I am a videographer &cinematographer editing all my own work as well as others' personal footage.

Describe a typical day in your creative business?
Get up in the morning and check the weather when I could just step outside. Have a good strong tea to start the day. Shoot fashion models/talent all day, get home and download all the footage. Over and Over. 

 Kim & Rob

As an Artist, what is your biggest frustration?
When a client doesn't take any of my creative ideas and the end result has my name on it. When I become more successful in my own business, this will NOT be the case. Oh what joy :)
Tell us about how you prioritise your work studio.
Always keeping a head start and keeping clients happy by delivering finished products as soon as possible. My own personal work always comes second.


Can you please tell us about how do you connect with other artists, and your audiences (i.e. how do you network)?
Every single one of my friends are creative in there own minds, and ways.

What advice can you offer other creative people who are just starting out and following their passions?
If you find something (songs, book, poem etc.) that inspires you, Follow whatever thought it gave you. Simple as that :)

What dreams do you still want to achieve or fulfil in your life?
Without a doubt, I still would like to be in front of the camera. Acting is more difficult then people imagine it to be. An incredibly hard job. You have to put lots of thoughts, feelings into your acting to be a great actor.  I respect that a lot.

Moby Oh Yeah

What is your proudest moment so far?
1. Being the host of Canada's #1 music show “YTV's The Hit List” from 2000-2002.

2. Working alongside Richard Sibbald.

Who do you most want to meet and why?
John Malkovich. He does so much amazing theatre and nothing is scarier then performing live in front of an audience.

What is the most important lesson in life that you have learned?
To really pay attention to everything and anything around you. To just STOP once and a while. Sigh everyday, it's good for you :)

What book are you reading right now, and do you have a book you would like to recommend?
But No Elephants! It's a great children's book I love.

Where do we find you and your  service?


No comments:

Pure Leverage

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails