Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Create positive habits for the New Year





I was asking myself the question today why so many of us love the idea of setting new year resolutions for the new year  and as the  year progresses some of us fail to execute what we committed  to do everyday. When you look back at the goals you might achieve half or not at all. I often ask why are we kept doing this ourselves year after year.

We are all creatures of habit.  In fact, most of what we do every single day we do unconsciously on auto-pilot and it is very difficult for new habits to become second nature.

So “Make Tomorrow Today”

We know, setting goals are easy, execution the goals are another story, despite our good intention and excitement we still fail. Why?

What we are lacking at time are:
·         The drive
·         The motivation
·         The encouragement
·          The passion to achieve it.
·         The Desire to get it
·         The purpose  why we need to achieve

The key to achieve your goals are to:

 Plan Well!+ Prepare Well! + Execute well!-> SUCCESS outcome


Well, here is a little tip that I use to easily help myself create new habits and routines that I want to stick to daily.

1. I use Google Calendar, if you have not tried it just go to   http://calendar.google.com
2. I enter the item that I want to remember into Google Calendar and I make it a task that repeats every single day.

3. I then request Google calendar to auto mail  me a daily reminder.

I have used this to develop powerful new habits such as:
·         My daily exercise
·         Reviewing my goal list and affirmations every day (I even add my goals and affirmations into the 
               description so that they end up in my inbox and I can review them instantly)
·         Set events and appointments
·         Share my calendar with my partner, clients  and public (our seminar events)

So, take full advantage of http://calendar.google.com and start creating new success habits today.







No comments:

Pure Leverage

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails